History: Colonel Connell James Baldwin was granted 400 acres in Toronto Gore, just south of the four corners of Malton and lived there from 1829-1861. His house was called Clogheneagh Lodge. He gave 10 acres of land for a Roman Catholic Church, School. He set aside a site for a cemetery. Baldwin opened his home to Irish immigrants sick with Typhus, and those who died are buried in his cemetery. Baldwin’s Cemetery has never been found.
Information from “From This Year Hence” written by Geo. S. Tavender.
See also “From MacDonell to McGuigan”, by Wm. Perkins Bull, pages 136-151 and 178-179.