Read all about it in our Newsletter
The first issue of our newsletter was in February 1976. In 2005, we had a contest to name the newsletter and the winners were Kim and Dave Clark of Owen Sound with their entry of KINnections. The Halton-Peel KINnections newsletter made its debut in February 2006.
Our newsletter is published four times a year — February, May, August and November.
- Articles of interest to members researching their family roots
- News about upcoming meetings and events
- Book reviews and additions to our branch library
- Members’ interests
- Resource information in Halton and Peel Counties, as well as other areas
- News of new Branch publications and cemetery transcriptions
- A list of our Council members
- Members’ research queries — these are also placed on our Branch-Members-Only website
Publish your research queries in Halton-Peel KINnections
- Members may request two free queries per year
- They may also be requested by non-members at $5.00 per query
- Each query is limited to a maximum of 50 words
Please send queries by email to our Newsletter Editor Kathy Baker or via snail mail to the Branch at PO Box 24, Streetsville ON L5M 2B7. Include your OGS membership number, if applicable. Donated primary source material related to genealogy would be appreciated at any time, and will be published subject to the Editor’s discretion. The deadline for submitting items for the next newsletter is the first of the month prior to the date of issue.
Note: Issues prior to 2000 are PDF graphic documents and these are not searchable electronically.