Becoming A Member
Member Premium Research Advantage
Your Member Premium Research Advantage includes:
- MyHeritage Library Edition, the non-personalized library edition of MyHeritage containing more than 11 billion records, and growing (read more below);
- Maclean’s Magazine Archive, 1905-2015, a digital collection of the leading Canadian news and general interest magazine. Providing a unique perspective on national and international news and culture, the magazine covers investigative reporting, opinion and analysis on politics, economics, technology and more;
- Canadian Reference Centre combines Canadian magazines, newspapers, newswires and reference books to create the largest collection of regional full text content available to Canadian libraries. This database includes leading Canadian periodicals and international (U.S. and U.K) periodicals in full text; full text reference books; over 87,900 full text biographies and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps, and flags. This database is updated on a daily basis;
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 – 1750 This new bibliographic database is a valuable index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in European works that relate to the Americas. EBSCO Publishing, in cooperation with the John Carter Brown Library, has created this resource from “European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to The Americas, 1493-1750,” the authoritative bibliography that is well-known and respected by scholars worldwide. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
Access all four of these useful and fascinating databases for the balance of 2020 for only Cdn. $20.00
You can purchase through Ontario Ancestor Marketplace CD’s Books and More then Research Resources.
All our branch members have access to Monthly Meetings, four editions of our Halton-Peel KINnections newsletter, our Halton-Peel Branch website and all OGS Member Benefits.
New OGS Member Benefits for 2020:
- Discount to Roots Magic 7, Choice Hotels, Your Genealogy Magazine
- Substantial discounts on subscriptions to the UK’s Family Tree magazine
- Substantial discounts on subscriptions to History Scotland magazine
- For more details and all other discounts and special offers, visit the Membership Benefits page on the Ontario Ancestors website
Ontario Ancestors Membership
Individual Members $63.00
An individual member receives all benefits of membership in Ontario Ancestors is $63.00 for the year in which they became a member.
Halton-Peel Branch membership is an additional $12.00. Members can join as many branches as they choose.
Student Discount is available for full time students, See Ontario Ancestors website for more information
Complete the online membership form to become a member of the OGS in any of our categories. You may also print a Membership Form and mail it in. There is a mail-in form for individuals and a separate mail-in form for institutions.
Copyright 2020 | Last updated 2020.06.01