Campbell-Davidson Family Farm Cemetery
NW Lot 4, Concession 6, Nelson Township.
Appleby Line, Nelson Township, Halton.
GPS 43.445395°N, –79.86985°W
History: The Davidson family originally owned Lot 4 Concession 6 Nelson Township. The 1877 Historical Atlas of Halton shows the land owned by the Campbells at that time. This may account for the joint cemetery name. Often early settlers would set aside a corner of their farm for a cemetery. A small frame Wesleyan Methodist Church was also located on this lot. It may have been first known as Cline’s, but later referred to as Davidson’s. In 1855 Davidson’s appears on the Milton Circuit and in 1871 was on the Lowville Circuit where it remained until it closed in 1881. Burial records for this cemetery have not been found at this time (1982). [by Jane Watt and Trudy Mann]
Transcriptions of this cemetery are available on-line by credit card from the O.G.S. web site – click here for price/order.