History: According to Denise Mahoney, Manager, Cemeteries and Operational Services, City of Mississauga, very little had been found about Carefoot Cemetery. Its location is given as ½ acre southeast of Lot 14, Concession 5 EHS. In the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County this corresponds with a 100-acre farm parcel owned by Joshua Key. There is no indication on the map of the existence of a cemetery, nor is there reference to a cemetery on the property abstract. There was a Carefoot family living some distance away on the border between Toronto Gore and Albion Townships according to the 1861 census. The family consisted of a Richard and Mary Carefoot with children Elizabeth Ann, Joseph, Mary Jane, Thomas and William. Also, in 1861 there were a William and Fanny Carefoot listed in Toronto Gore Township, and a 100-acre belonging to a John Carefoot No listings for Carefoot were found in 1871, 1881 or 1891 census records.There is no real proof that the cemetery existed or even if it remains in Mississauga. Archaeological research conducted at the site has not recovered any signs of remains.
The Region of Peel’s List of Cemeteries online at shows Carefoot on Bramalea Road but with no GPS and location is listed as approximate.