St. John’s United Church & Methodist/Episcopal Cemetery, Georgetown
SW Lot 19, Concession 9, Esquesing Township.
11 Guelph Street, Halton Hills (Georgetown).
GPS 43.6516°N, –79.9275°W
The Georgetown Methodist Episcopal Cemetery no longer exists and there are no stones.
History: The Episcopal Methodists built their first church on this site in 1849. The present structure dates from 1880 and is now St. John’s United Church.
The Methodist/Episcopal cemetery was behind the church. It is now the church’s parking lot. Stones were removed to Greenwood Cemetery. The history of Greenwood Cemetery notes that “the Episcopal Methodist congregation advertised in 1880 for people to remove the remains from the Church Yard as they were building a new church.”