Mount Olivet Church & Cemetery
NE Lot 9, Concession 3, Chinguacousy Township.
Dixie Rd, about 1 mile north of Hwy 7, Brampton.
GPS 43.73044°N, –79.749°W
William Perkins Bull wrote in 1928: “This cemetery, donated by Abel and Sarah Stafford, was originally an E.P. churchyard and the foundations of the old church, which was built in 1850, can still be seen in the north-west corner.” The church was demolished in 1950.
1964 – Lundy & Olivet were combined into one smaller area by moving graves. Adjacent land was purchased for a church.
1984 – Land is still being held for a new church, and the cemetery is not yet closed. Vacant land was later sold for a shopping area.
Transcriptions of this cemetery are available on-line by credit card from the O.G.S. web site – click here for price/order.