Mount Zion (Whaley’s Corners) Cemetery
NW Lot 1, Concession 6W, Chinguacousy Township.
8149 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Brampton.
GPS 43.61°N, –79.801°W
History: As the plaque indicates . . . the land was donated by the Kent family for a Wesleyan Methodist church and cemetery. The first known interment was in 1827. The church was dedicated in 1867 and was closed in 1905. The church was sold by auction in 1918 and was removed from the property.
Transcriptions of this cemetery are available on-line by credit card from the O.G.S. web site – click here for price/order.