St. Paul’s Anglican Cemetery
SE Lot 11, Concession 11, Esquesing Township.
Winston Churchill Boulevard and 10th Sideroad, Halton Hills (Norval).
GPS 43.6442°N, –79.8576°W
History: General Peter Adamson was born 23 September 1779 in Dundee, Scotland, and was honoured with the “Knight of Tower and Sword” for his service in the Peninsular War against Napoleon Bonaparte. He was settled in Norval by 1838 and gave the land for St. Paul’s Anglican Church and this cemetery. The cemetery, which is located near the north end of Hillcrest cemetery, appears to have been used from about 1840 to 1900. The Anglican church was built by 1846.
The Historic Plaque was dedicated on 10 June 2007 by Bishop Ralph Spence.
Transcriptions of this cemetery are available on-line by credit card from the O.G.S. web site – click here for price/order.