Across the road – the Tenth Line – Lot 8 Concession 10 was the Menzies Farm which was the site of the Disciples of Christ Church, established in June 1843 by John Menzies. Other elders of the church were William Trout and James Mitchell. A record of membership showed that in 1864 one hundred and twenty-five members belonged to the church at different times. By 1868 the membership was only 40. Records also showed that the last date of business of the church was in July 13, 1873 and the church disappeared after this. The building the church was in was then sold and moved to the Town Line south of Hillcrest Cemetery where it became a residence.
The only known record book of the church was owned by a member of the Menzies family in Toronto and, according to Mr. Butchart who saw it, does not mention a cemetery.
Sources: Reuben Butchart. History of the Disciples of Christ in Canada since 1830.
Trudy Mann. Halton County early church histories and location of records and
resources: Esquesing. T. Mann, 1983.