Union Presbyterian Church & Cemetery
SE Lot 23, Concession 11, Esquesing Township.
22nd Sideroad, Halton Hills (Glen Williams).
GPS 43.692934°N, –79.9178°W
History: During the first few years the area was served by visiting ministers from Boston, Streetsville and Whitechurch. In 1835 a log church was erected on Lot 23 on land given by James Fraser. The congregation had previously worshipped in Fraser’s barn on Lot 22. A frame church was built in 1848. In 1883 a building committee was appointed to look into erecting a new church. Mallory & Son of Toronto were the architects, Hume and Steele of Georgetown the masons, and Joseph Bramley of Brampton. The stone church which stands to this day opened in 1884. [from a booklet published in 1983 for the church’s 150th anniversary]
The cemetery is still open for burials and a burial register has been kept.
Transcriptions of this cemetery are available on-line by credit card from the O.G.S. web site – click here for price/order.